DIVERSA offers an open position as Scientist. This position is a unique opportunity to add value to the growing field of biotechnology in Galicia (https://www.galiciabio.tech/) and to develop a professional career in a biotech company projected to be a reference in the sector of drug delivery and nanomedicine.
The employee will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team and contribute with his/her highly specialized knowledge to test and develop formulations for the delivery of therapeutic molecules (small drugs, proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, etc.) towards developing applications for in-vitro and in-vivo therapies. The employee will be involved in co-development agreements for third parties with high expectations and strict deadlines. The employee must be proactive and have a great positive mindset, flexibility, and adaptability to changes.
Areas of Responsibility
● Executing experiments, including establishing novel technologies inhouse.
● Develop analytical methods (HPLC).
● Determine physical and chemical stability of nanoparticle formulations and conduct process development activities.
● Support method transfer from R&D to management team, as needed.
● Support analysis of various nanocarriers candidates, and author/review SOPs and/or certificates of analysis.
● Support product release and stability activities, as needed.
● Coordinate equipment installation, qualification and calibration activities if needed. Troubleshoot equipment related problems with instrument manufacturers to resolve issues.
● Responsible for procurement of lipid excipients, lab reagents and consumables.
● Provide technical support and training to DIVERSA new staff (product use, protocols).
● May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
● Degree in Pharmacy, Biology, and/or Biotechnology or similar.
● Expertise in the field of nanomedicine and pharmaceutical formulation.
● Preferably experience at a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
● Demonstrated expertise in design, development, and analysis of nanocarriers.
● In-depth knowledge and experience with a range of standard chemistry laboratory instrumentation, purification techniques, and data analysis.
● In-depth knowledge and experience with physical characterization of nanoparticles (DLS, NTA, TEM).
● Good understanding of drug/lipid design principles, PK, toxicity, pharmacodynamics, etc.
● Demonstrated experience with in-vitro testing of formulations.
● Knowledge and experience with a range of standard biological experiments (e.g., confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, cell culturing, western blot, cytotoxicity and uptake experiments, etc).
● Demonstrated experience working as part of a collaborative team in a cross-disciplinary setting.
● Ability to perform routine and complex bench and instrumental analysis.
● Willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation, and procedures.
● Full-time contract (6 months trial period)
● Flexible schedule working hours
● Competitive salary (
● An interdisciplinary research environment
● DIVERSA provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please send us a one-page CV and motivation letter to email@example.com (subject: Application for Scientist). Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. More info can be requested at the same email.